Notice to visitors: Important update of the qualification of athletes for the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018.
To: WKF NFs
We would like to communicate with you regarding an important update of the qualification of athletes for the Youth Olympic Games Buenos Aires 2018.
Please be advised that, according to the new WKF Calendar for next year, as you are aware a new series of Karate 1 – Youth League events are going to take place. As a result and taking into account the qualification period and conditions for the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) 2018 as established in the Qualification System, you will find below those events at which athletes can obtain ranking points for their positioning for YOG Buenos Aires 2018:
- UFAK Junior Championships (19-21 May , Yaoundé / CAMEROON)
- PKF Junior Championships (24-26 August, Buenos Aires / ARGENTINA)
- WKF Youth Cup (1-2 July, Umag / CROATIA)
- WKF World Championships (25-29 October, Tenerife / SPAIN)
- EKF Junior Championships (2-4 February, Sochi / RUSSIA)
- AKF Junior Championships (10-13 May, Okinawa / JAPAN)
- OKF Junior Championships (18-20 May, Auckland / NEW ZEALAND)
- **Youth League (26-27 May, Sofia / BULGARIA)**
Please note that for points earned at the above mentioned events no ranking decay will apply (100% of the points will remain).
**Should there be any further events added to this list of ranking applicable events, a communication will be made in due course to all National Federations.**
We remind you as well that you can find all related documents and information concerning YOG Buenos Aires 2018 on the dedicated site of the WKF web: https://wkf.net/olympic-ba2018.php