Use of karategis with brand embroidered on shoulders on WKF events
Since 2017, the optional use of karategis with the red or blue brand embroidered on the shoulders has been authorized for the Karate 1 events (Premier League, Series A and Youth League).
During these two years, the number of competitors who have chosen to use this type of karategi has been increasing, providing greater visibility to the competition and making it easier for spectators to identify the competitor in their AKA / AO position.
Due to the satisfactory evolution of this type of karategis and its contribution to the excellent promotion of WKF competitions on TV and on social media, the WKF Executive Committee has approved the use of karategis with the brand embroidered on the shoulders in All WKF events starting from January 1, 2020, according to the following criteria:
- Karategis with the brand embroidered on the shoulders in RED or BLUE:
- Official karategi of mandatory use in Karate 1-Premier League tournaments.
- Karategi of optional use in Karate 1-Series A and Karate 1-Youth League tournaments.
- Karategi of optional use in the World Championships.
- Karategis with the brand embroidered on the shoulders in GOLD:
- Official karategi of mandatory use in the Karate 1-Premier League tournaments for the incumbent Grand Winners.
- Official Karategi of mandatory use in the Senior World Championships for the incumbent World Champions.
- The use of karategis with the embroidered brand on the shoulders is allowed only for the 12 brands with homologated protections by the WKF:
ADIDAS – ARAWAZA – BEST SPORTS - BUDO NORD – DAEDO – HAYASHI – PUNOK - SHUREIDO – SMAI – TOKAIDO – WACOKU – WESING